Course in Dog Bite Prevention Safety
This course provides learners with skills and knowledge required to interact effectively and safely when entering a property occupied by one or more dogs.
They will have the ability to:
• interpret and react appropriately to dog body language and other dog behaviours;
• check dogs and their environment for safety risks and to respond effectively and safely to the risk of dog bite;
• negotiate a safe entrance into properties where a dog or dogs is/are present
• ensure safe delivery of goods and/or services to a private or commercial property where dogs may be present
• fulfil their job requirements while working on properties where dogs are present
• behave in ways that are likely to encourage positive dog behaviour during future visits;
• talk supportively to dog owners who may need help in controlling their dogs; and
• avoid personal injury
The course applies specifically to employees who need to enter properties in the exercise of their job.
This includes, but is not limited to:
• Australia Post employees;
• health professionals;
• community services workers; and
• utilities employees.